Full responsibility for the ME&I department of 15, including to grow and develop it further
Oversee and manage projects in the water industry up to values of approx £1m
Maximise commercial success, customer satisfaction in a safety first culture
About the company
This family owned business operates four sites in the UK to serve customers nationwide. Its impressive portfolio of clients has been built over three decades, during which they have established themselves as leading providers of specialist MEICA services working within framework agreements or under direct engagement. They enjoy an excellent Health & Safety record, together with a fantastic client reputation which has ensured continued growth, including further recently won contracts with major clients. Their internal culture is to embrace a collaborative approach in which colleague recognition and respect are central tenets. This culture, in a highly skilled team, contributes well to the company ethos of delivering its customers a quality service.
About the role
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the ME&I Department Manager will take responsibility for building on the existing department to grow the team and drive the business forward in delivering projects safely, profitably, with high levels of client satisfaction.
This role requires a high level of technical expertise within water projects (particularly electrical knowledge) with a commercial and contractual aptitude, to oversee complete project and programme management of projects (mostly within the UK Water Industry) ranging from £1k to £1m, and covering a variety of electrical, mechanical, instrumentation and controls - incorporating telemetry/SCADA as well as some minor mechanical and civils.
Key duties will include:
- Full responsibility for the M&E department, its contracts and profitability
- Growing and optimising department structure
- Guidance and supervision of the project managers
- Monitoring progress, budgets and performance of projects
- Technical guidance and development of all staff within the department
- Drive KPI achievement and efficiency improvements
- Regular meetings with PMs on progress and feedback to stakeholders and senior management
- Assist in contract negotiation where required
- Ensure Health & Safety is complied with
- £57k per annum
- Company Car / £5400 allowance p.a.
- 21 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Increasing holiday entitlement with service
- Company pension
- SPA Rewards scheme
This role is based in the Reading office with some requirement to visit other offices and client sites
There is currently a work from home policy with office attendance only when needed - this will include initial induction and training.
Basingstoke, Bracknell, Guildford, High Wycombe, Maidenhead, Newbury, Oxford, Reading, Slough, Swindon, Wokingham
An ambitious and motivated individual who will build and grow the department and those within. A leader who is technically strong and capable of managing high value projects directly and through the oversight of project managers and the M&E team.
- Good technical knowledge of Electrical, Instrumentation, Controls and Mechanical Engineering
- Relevant experience within the Water Industry
- Knowledge of Construction Design & Management Regulations
- Strong leadership, communication and time management
- Ability to recruit, grow and develop individuals and teams
- Budget management and commercial negotiation
- Good problem solver and driver of improvement
Suitable applicant roles include
Engineering Manager, Senior Project Manager, Senior Programme Manager, Senior MEICA Manager, Electrical Project Manager, Senior M&E Manager