Key role with responsibility for delivering multiple specialist projects of values up to £500k
Established and growing company with a good client base and newly won major contracts
A family owned business with a great culture and a track record for developing talent, recognising success and promoting within.
About the company
This family owned business operates four sites in the UK to serve customers nationwide. Its impressive portfolio of clients has been built over three decades, during which they have established themselves as leading providers of specialist MEICA services working within framework agreements or under direct engagement. They enjoy an excellent Health & Safety record, together with a fantastic client reputation which has ensured continued growth, including further recently won contracts with major clients. Their internal culture is to embrace a collaborative approach in which colleague recognition and respect are central tenets. This culture, in a highly skilled team, contributes well to the company ethos of delivering its customers a quality service.
About the role
To be responsible for all aspects of project & programme management, ensuring that projects are delivered in a 'safety-first' environment, to the complete satisfaction of the customer, whilst remaining cost efficient and profitable.
Multiple and specialist MEICA projects will range from low values up to £500k, covering electrical, instrumentation, controls, SCADA and telemetry, as well as some minor mechanical and civils work.
A flexible attitude and the ability to communicate at all levels will be key in order to achieve project completion via the multidiscipline teams, sub contractors and other stakeholders. Specific responsibilities will include:
Key duties will include:
- The safety of employees, clients and the public
- Compliance to policy and procedures
- Project feasibility, survey, scoping, estimation, design
- Project correspondence, schedules, documentation
- Resource planning and management of materials, subcontractors and staff
- Client liaison and feedback to senior manager and stakeholders
- Budget monitoring
- £50k per annum
- Company Car / £5400 allowance p.a.
- 21 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Increasing holiday entitlement with service
- Company pension
- SPA Rewards scheme
This role is based in the Reading office with some requirement to visit other offices and client sites
There is currently a work from home policy with office attendance only when needed - this will include initial induction and training.
Basingstoke, Bracknell, Guildford, High Wycombe, Maidenhead, Newbury, Oxford, Reading, Slough, Swindon, Wokingham
- Relevant engineering qualification - degree/HND/HNC or equivalent
- Previous experience of project delivery within the water industry is essential
- Good technical understanding of Electrical, instrumentation, controls, SCADA & telemetry
- Excellent communication and leadership
- Commercial negotiation and budget control
- Friendly team player with a flexible approach
- Diligent and safety aware
Suitable applicant roles include
Engineering Manager, Senior Project Manager, Senior Programme Manager, Senior MEICA Manager, Electrical Project Manager